Dateline: Decembmer 1998:
An amplifier company called QSC Audio in Orange County California has developed an ABX Comparator. One source says the product never made it to market. Another source says they have made about 300 and have a dozen left, but more may be made if demand for them exists. The selling price is said to be around $600. This information is believed to be accurate, but please contact QSC for the definative word.
- AC switch and 8 function keys on front panel
- IR remote control with function keys
- CALIBRATING SIGNAL
- ABX Comparator selects calibration signal automatically.
- Calibration signal voltmeter display range: 0.0-99.9 Vrms
- 1 kHz, 1 Vrms sine wave (factory preset; internally adjustable)
- SWITCHING RELAY PERFORMANCE
- Small-signal section (line-level): mechanically balanced DPDT relay switching;
- Heavy-duty section (speaker-level or line-level): mechanically balanced DPDT relay switching
- Small-signal relay: Contacts rated at 1.0 A; expected electrical life at rated load approximately 100,000 contact cycles.
- Heavy-duty relay: Contacts rated at 30 A; expected electrical life at rated load approximately 100,000 contact cycles.
- Operational & mode status: LCD display
- Calibration level readout: 7-segment LEDs, 3 digits
- Remote status indicators: miniature LEDs
- Line-level audio inputs and outputs: Neutrik “Combo” XLR female and ¼” TRS connectors
- Speaker-level audio inputs and outputs: Cliff “Touchproof” binding posts.
- Control port for slave unit: DB9 female RS-232
- RS-232 port for remote computer control: DB9 male
- Dimensions: 19” (48.26 cm) × 1.75” (4.44 cm) × 12” (30.48 cm)